Your compressor can fail in a few different ways like seizing up or a clutch failure and you so need to replace the compressor. So we are pleased to offer these remanufactured compressors for when you need to replace it.
This is a high quality remanufactured compressor with clutch.
Can I convert to R134a?
It is possible to convert your system. Typically you will need to evacuate the R12 and then install new R134a seals. Then put in R134a. This is possible because the A/C system is the same for both refrigerants.
Can I remove my A/C System?
You can remove your A/C system if you wish but the compressor must remain as it is a structural element for the motor mount. Without it you will start breaking stuff.
Works with either R12 or R134a systems for 89-95.
California residents must pay California sales tax.
Free Shipping offer applies only to US 48 states shipping addresses. If you need a shipping quote for outside the US, please email us.
Failure to follow these 12 steps when installing the compressor will void your warranty.
1. MUST clean A/C system with an approved (R141b and Dura Flush are approved) flush, using an approved flushing method. If an approved flush is not available, an in line filter MUST be installed per the instructions included with the compressor.
2. MUST replace filter drier or accumulator.
3. MUST replace orifice tube or liquid line that contains orifice tube (if applicable).
4. Inspect/replace thermostatic expansion valve & clean inlet screen (if applicable).
5. Check for proper air flow through cooling fins of condenser & radiator (condenser may need to be replaced, see additional information in the instructions included with the compressor).
6. Check for proper electric fan operation.
7. Check compressor clutch air gap before installation (refer to OEM or compressor manufacturer’s specifications).
8. Must add correct type & amount of refrigerant oil (refer to OEM or compressor manufacturer’s specifications).
9. After hose assemblies are attached, turn compressor shaft (not just the clutch pulley) a minimum of 10 times to clear oil from compressor (a spanner wrench may be required).
10. Check compressor clutch electrical circuit for proper voltage (use either OEM or compressor manufacturer’s specifications).
11. Use only R12 or R134a refrigerant.
12. Evacuate entire A/C system for a minimum of 45 minutes if the temperature is above 80 degrees (60 minutes if temperature is below 80 degrees).
1989-1995 Taurus SHO MTX/ATX
Got a question about this or any other SHOSource product? Email us: email@example.com